What’s on the wall matters, and it better represent your brand!
Recently on a road trip with my family, we stopped at a pancake house and I was delighted to see images on the wall of children with their faces covered in whipped cream, fruit bits and syrup and laughing. The photos were artistically shot and artfully mounted. They replaced the tired landscapes that typically decorate the walls of these establishments. Most of them were close-ups of just the face, but it wasn’t hard to imagine the rest of the child, drowning in happiness.
Why spend money on wall art that doesn’t promote your brand when it is so easy and cost effective to do so? The team at r.o.i. Design has been in the business of custom wall art programs since 1995. But it is easier than ever with the help of print technology advancements. The current infatuation of infographics, illustration and graphic design can be linked to tech savvy generation who loves type fonts, Instagram and Pinterest. It seems pretty natural for wall art today to mimic those interests and educate the viewer on the values and brand of the property.
r.o.i. Design has used the following techniques to add interest to walls:
- Stripes and blocks as décor: Sometimes paint, sometimes vinyl, sometimes acoustical panels.
- Logos as art: Oversized, repeated, or just all by itself.
- Fonts and Words as banners, wallcovering or murals: Word clouds, message murals.
- Symbols and brand color as part of details: Custom tiles, custom art.
- Regional photos and historic landmarks: Custom art, wallcovering.