West Michigan Dermatology – Grandville
3434 Rivertown Point Ct SW
Grandville, MI 49418
What was once the Kobe Japanese Steakhouse at 3434 Rivertown Point Court in Grandville, is now the new home of West Michigan Dermatology. The 13,000-square-foot space underwent a huge transformation from restaurant to medical office facility that includes a private waiting area for their patients, a MOHS surgical center, a skin revitalizing center, modern exam rooms, and administrative space. First Companies, the contractor, also added additional square footage to the building to accommodate a pathology lab, a call center, surgical open office space, and a break room.
Customer care is at the forefront for West Michigan Dermatology, so the customer greeting and check-in spaces were scrutinized. The waiting areas are generous and in clear view of the reception area. The inspiration for the design came from a lakefront cottage, where the colors are calming and natural; a palette of blue, aqua, gray, cream and white.
A couple of favorite details include:
- The lobby carpet, whose pattern is a reminiscence of the water to sand patterns you see at the beach.
- The entry faux skylight that filters the light from the “tower” into the space.
- The beams and millwork details at entry and reception.
- The wall covering in the Skin Revitalizing waiting room.
- The MOHS waiting room seating collection.
On this project, we also designed a custom desk for the open office surgical team that has two heights and offers a convenient way for the providers to work with the medical team.
For more about West Michigan Dermatology please visit westmichiganderm.com.
All photos © First Companies